Tuesday 2 September 2008

Hoop Disco Desert Dreaming Part 2

Desert Dreaming

Again it has happened - LIFE! Not much time for the extra-curricular these daze. Last Friday was my first day off in 19 days... hmmm somebody build me a tetrahedron to fit out my brain! In an attempt to return to blogland to complete the desert review it seems all that has needed to happen in the meantime, has in fact occurred. So where to begin?

A conversation with a man at an art show last week about the desert - we were talking about how wonderful it is to find the opportunity to sit in a beautiful space for a length of time and just BE. To watch the sky, to notice the daily pattern of birds' flight, to check out your own bio-rhythms and to contemplate. We were standing in a gallery in the middle of Sydney that was so jampacked peeps had to hit the walls with their beers and wine just to make room for all the shuffling and perusing and shmoozing that is Sydney... this city is so dense (and yet when compared to other big cities around the world not at all) but it's interesting in its own diverse and eclectic way. I found it fascinating how old friends from way back kept popping out of the time closet almost like a dream - some had changed in appearance, others looked the same but spoke a different story, one had even changed sex. I saw a stunt double of a friend I hadn't seen for a very long time, I could have sworn it was him. It was all very holographic the way we dotted the room randomly and yet, we all still connected through that underlying knowing of who we are and what we are about - creatures intent on harmonically creating bliss states and connecting through art and each other. Epiphany had, I ejected rather quickly and headed to the beach!

When I reflect on our time in the desert, with more than a month having passed in a turbo tail wind of the fast lane variety, an involuntary sigh escapes each and every time. Pining for the past, I know... never a good thing. BUT! When I look up at the sky in the city I feel deprived. Where are all the stars and galactic spiral highway?? When I race from point A>Z filling in each and every hoopy letter several times over with some extended yogic breaths in between I end up feeling exhausted barely remembering what just happened. It feels different to the predictable post holiday come down... I'm not quite sure you would even call what we experienced a "holiday" - the dust storms, the hauling of steel and wood and bling, the organisation, the drama... although... crafternoon on the sandunes, sitting around the fire at night, gazing at the sky, photoshoots and glamour - i think ADVENTURE is a better word to describe the experience. And in every adventure is a mission, with every mission is focused intent - we weren't faffing yo, we were actualising a vision that started with a drawing in the desert of Nevada (i.e Burning Man 06) and just grew with the additional vision and sweat of Nick, Falcon, Gemma and everyone who contributed to making that Mothership Hoop Disco land in the third dimension.

HoopDisco_1024

What struck me the most was in the mission to make that big heap of steel and wood and gas and light into the fire breathing, light shifting blingtastic thing that it was... having traveled several days across Australia with I think it's safe to say a pretty precarious transport situation going on and a bus full of people (some with WAY too much blingage but ultimately not)... all this 3Dness seemed to merge with an energetic forcefield of collective consciousness. I would even go as far to say that at times the 3Dness submerged completely beneath a grid of awareness that just kept on expanding and contracting then expanding again - it was amazing to witness and be part of. The massive amount of effort that was put into the project was delivered right back in that wonder twin kinda way - shape of some pretty wicked sacred geometry... form of personal fulfilment, creative realisastion and, in the context of the droll world we live in, an illicit amount of FUN! I don't think a single one of us left the desert without feeling that somehow life had changed. It's a pretty spacious art gallery out there in the middle of Australia.

For me, a shift has occurred at a cellular level that has tuned me in with my truth. It just gets stronger and I feel like I am changing every moment of every day. The information and people and energy that flows toward me, around me and back out again is super charged with cosmic intelligence. At times I feel like (apart from the obvious mundane ratting around) I don't really need to DO anything except watch it ebb and flow and shape it accordingly. And lots of yoga - yum yoga! It leads me to believe, beyond the wanderlust, that everything is absolutely perfect exactly how it is... even the chaotic rat race, especially the chaotic rat race. There is much to be done in a small amount of time with a lot of people... hence the city living. Sometimes it's a little too easy to deflect responsibility in accepting our karmic requests and choices in life. Ultimately it's about perception and so a lot of the DOING is in fact the mind racing. Meditation anyone?

(To watch high quality versions click on video to teleport you to YouTube and then click on said option)



It's odd how so many Australians spend so much of their travel time abroad. I know I have and am about to yet again. I guess my next trip to the forests of California and then onto New York feels almost like a bit of a last hurrah for a while. It's more a feeling than a thought. Burning Man gripped me and blew me away in all the right ways but Earth Dream wrapped me up and sent messages that I don't think I've ever experienced before. The difference between an um and an om perhaps. Anyway, it's all just words at the end of the day... or is it? I'm a bit of a fan of the saying, wherever you go there you are... but then, sometimes being in the right place at the right time really does help - follow your dreams and you can't go wrong.

More beauty:



More dreams. It's what it's about this life - living the dream.

So as August jetted past, wow my dreams - more flying and incredible ethereal experiences... the lucidity is so strong right now. Some highlights of the month gone by...

2745833218_a6a9e087de_b.jpg
WORLD HOOP DAY 080808 - Taylors Square, Darlinghurst

AFI_243.JPG
AFI AWARDS SCREENING NIGHT - PHOTO: BELINDA ROLLAND © 2008

Blessings to one and all from the Intergalactic Space Babe HQ!

2745809556_d6d344f9c4_b.jpg

No comments: